Well, like always the end of the year is insane & I can't wait for all this commotion to be over. TOO MUCH TESTING!!! Too much paperwork, too many scan trons for me to bubble, too much fighting computer programs, too many meetings, and too much angst about next year.
All administration can talk about is money money money -- less of it. "use less paper" they say. Crazy. Again all the threats about putting more kids in the room. And once again I will be paid less. The change between my salary a few years ago and now is absolutely amazing. And should be illegal.
Only good thing is paying less taxes; but that doesn't help me or anybody else, sigh.
So last week we had Open House (click that off) and next week is "Morning in Our Garden" and then a field day -- although fun, they are both a bunch of extra work. (click those off) Grade level meeting to “build classes” for next year. (we assign kids into first grade rooms – like our opinions really matter) Then comes the parent appreciation luncheon. I REALLY hate that one! We have to THANK the families for helping us raise their little darlings by throwing them a pot luck?????? (The good thing is that we get to eat what we bring.)
(click that one off, too) Then the scan tron testing is due. (click) Then what ... I dunno.
Then start cleaning the room like crazy, trying to send every little kid's stuff home with them ahead of time and get classroom things put away. Pull forward the stuff I need for the beginning of the next year and put the stuff I've been using recently behind ... so I can FIND it all again next year. Scrub things/toss things. Then report cards. Then it's done.
Only good thing is paying less taxes; but that doesn't help me or anybody else, sigh.
So last week we had Open House (click that off) and next week is "Morning in Our Garden" and then a field day -- although fun, they are both a bunch of extra work. (click those off) Grade level meeting to “build classes” for next year. (we assign kids into first grade rooms – like our opinions really matter) Then comes the parent appreciation luncheon. I REALLY hate that one! We have to THANK the families for helping us raise their little darlings by throwing them a pot luck?????? (The good thing is that we get to eat what we bring.)
(click that one off, too) Then the scan tron testing is due. (click) Then what ... I dunno.
Then start cleaning the room like crazy, trying to send every little kid's stuff home with them ahead of time and get classroom things put away. Pull forward the stuff I need for the beginning of the next year and put the stuff I've been using recently behind ... so I can FIND it all again next year. Scrub things/toss things. Then report cards. Then it's done.
Then come back one more day (un-paid) to prepare what the kids will need at the beginning of the year.
I know this post is terribly whiny and I suppose I should add sentences about how great this class is and I've fallen in love with them and even think about going on to first grade with them, but I won't because you should know that's how I feel. I feel like that every year. Just today I felt like writing a whiny post about how overworked and unappreciated I feel.

Oh Cookies did someone say cookies, hook me up sista I am ready for some cookies. I love the whiny post, sometimes ya just gotta whine.
ReplyDeleteIts evident you love the kids and that is what makes keep going back despite the less money, less paper and lessened paycheck.
I think the Parents should throw the teachers a luncheon to say Thank you for teaching my child. Well hey maybe Next Year. Now how about a cookie please :-) LOL have a great week