Monday, April 25, 2011

flora, fauna and rugs

No easter eggs around here, but did find this little flower peeking out from a growth of stems and leaves that will one day have flowers that look nothing like it.  (I know very few flowers by sight and name.  Even if I planted them)  Maybe Irises.

Isn't it cute though?  I wonder where it came from.  Perhaps rabbit poop.  (I think the mental visual 
of a fluffy brown bunny pausing to poop out a seed and some fertilizer is more what I'm going for than of it arriving via rat or cat which is probably more than likely.)


Or perhaps it was that hawk I do believe I saw swooping though my back yard last week. I would enjoy having a local hawk.

I should probably water the little thing.  It's been raining a bit still, but the ground is very dry.   

It's time to scrub out the ol' pots and buy bags of really good dirt to fill them.  I want to plant a larger herb garden this year -- and I thought I'd put the pots out in the sunshine for a trial this summer.  They burn when it's so hot, but maybe they didn't quite get enough sun last year.  I don't know.  They ARE pots after all, I guess I could move them around according to whim.  (lifting and toting?  probably not)

I'm too lazy to do anything tho.  Although there was no work Friday, today being Monday seems like my first day off.  The weekend was busy so today I've been a sloth.  I finished my book and I did some household chores, but not too much.  I'll venture out to a garden supply store tomorrow.  Maybe see a movie.

Maybe not.  I spent a lot of money last week on new kitchen rugs and a rug for outside.  I'm thrilled with the outside one.  It makes everything look nicer (pulled together) and it's going to be wonderful when the patio is too damn hot for bare feet in a month or so.
Patio definitely needs pots full of flowers, herbs and other cute stuff.

1 comment:

  1. Great outdoor room a very inviting place to unwind after a long work day. The leaves on the plants surrounding the little flower does indeed look like Iris.

    Good luck with your planting.

    ReplyDelete