Tuesday, April 19, 2011

   Friday night I went to an "erotic art" opening in a gallery up the road with a couple of friends.  (The real erotic art smack-down) We know a couple of the artists who exhibited, which was the big draw -- plus just getting out and doing something.  
   The truly exciting thing is to see artists feeling good enough and brave enough to enter what they've worked so hard on.  
It must feel amazing to see something you made yourself up on a wall as a steady stream of art lovers streams by, looking and commenting.

We had dinner before (at a Pluto's), walked around town a bit and then browsed the gallery.  It's about a 50 minute drive home, so about mid way we stopped at a little wine bar on the side of the road.  You know, just to unwind.

  I've been there before, it's very nice & I like that it's owned by really friendly women; a mom and daughter.   They have couches, rather nice stemware and an interesting variety of wines.  (I forget what wine I had.  I always mean to write it down -- no, wait, it had a name like "Red. the real deal" -- although that probably wasn't it.)That night they had live music and we sat on couches in the back listening & chatting.  The three of us got along well and I had one of those great-great times.

No comments:

Post a Comment