Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Kellie Pearson

I bought a painting on Saturday at a tiny craft show in town.  It was truly tiny -- maybe 6 artists in all.   I only went because Kellie Pearson was there, although now I keep thinking about the ladies with beaded things and deer skin pouches. 

Kellie is an up and coming local artist -- I've been seeing more and more of her art around recently and like her style.  I love the largeness and the flamboyance, the feelings of freedom and comfort and joy.  (everything I want to be, of course)  Although stunning, none had seemed just right.

Until I saw this one.  Jumped right up and called to me.

Isn't that just beautiful?????   The books, the coffee, the bare feet & all curled up.  I love it!  If I dyed my hair black she'd look just like me.  (sorta)

I put it on the wall right next to my cozy reading nook I made out of a closet in the bookroom.  Anyone looking, especially on a Saturday morning, will be seeing double.

1 comment:

  1. I truly love this picture, It speaks to me loud and clear, I could be that woman. It just makes me smile.

    ReplyDelete