Sunday, May 15, 2011

owls

I saw two white owls in my back yard last night.  Sitting in the birch tree first and then gliding around and around.  In the tree their eyes were huge and gleaming.  
Flying around, their wings were impressive.
Then one flew to the top of the cypress (quite high) (I probably need to call a tree guy) and stayed at the very top for a long time while the buddy continued to circle around.

It was extremely cool.  There always seems to be a variety and a quantity of birds around here -- both in my yard and in the general area.  A while ago I was sure I saw a hawk swooping through my yard, and I'm very excited to see owls.  I hope they come back. 

Perhaps I should tie some mice to a stake to attract them.  (like the goat in Jurasic Park)

I hope they drop good pellets.

2 comments:

  1. Wise Mister Owl,
    Keen as he can be,
    Quietly watches
    From up in his tree.
    Suddenly he spies
    A fine tasty treat,
    Far off in a field,
    Ah, something to eat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good one, thanks.
    Doesn't sound familiar -- did you write it?

    Maybe next year I'll do an owl study with the kids. I love having them pick through the owl pellets.

    ReplyDelete